All claims for warranty must be supported by original proof of purchase, bike serial number, proof of manufacturing fault and be communicated to the Haibike customer support team via the original retailer. If the bike was purchased via haibike.com/ie/en please contact the click and collect store or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make a claim.
Electric Bikes are regulated in line with existing Electric Power Assisted Cycles regulations. Haibike Ireland does not endorse any upgrades that are added to electronic ebikes, as this will invalidate a customer’s warranty. Excluding the customers statutory obligations Haibike will not be held responsible for any injuries incurred following any modification to a Haibike product.
- Covers the original purchaser only.
- Frame or forks cracking due to manufacturing defect.
- Replacement of original components with a manufacturing defect.
- Claims made via the original Haibike retailer, alternative Haibike retailer must be approved prior to work commencing.
- Labour charges of the original retailer to replace faulty components in the first year.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Wearable parts specifically: chain, cassette, tires, spokes, hubs, mudguards, free hubs, bearings, brake pads / discs, grips etc unless manufacturing defect has occurred and can be proven.
- Bikes that have been modified from the original spec and have not been approved by Haibike.
- Ebikes that have the motor adjusted in any way.
- Accidental damage or misuse.
- Improper maintenance or zero maintenance.
- Neglect such as corrosion due to storage outdoors or damp conditions.
- Damage caused by racing in competition (crash replacement is available for anyone who accidentally damages a bike)
- Stunt riding e.g. wheelies.
- Commercial use e.g. Hiring of bikes.
- Decals on wheels / other components.
- Soiled or ex demo bikes will carry no warranty from Haibike, the retailer conditions will apply.
- Claims made by a non-Haibike retailer.
- Labour charges of the retailer after year 1.